Butternut squash and Pumpkin soup
- 1 cup Shirley J Universal Sauce(Whisk Bliss)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 cup Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cup Canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Shirley J Chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Combine 3 cups water, salt and butternut squash in large sauce pan, bring to boil,
- Reduce heat and simmer for approx. 25 minutes or until well cooked and soft, remove squash and reserve cooking water in separate container.
- Thoroughly blend squash to form a puree (may use a food processer, blender or a hand-held potato masher).
- Return squash puree to sauce pan.
- In separate container add reserved squash cooking water and sufficient additional water to make a total of 4 cups liquid.
- Combine with Universal Sauce, blend thoroughly
- Add mixture to squash and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to simmer and add remaining ingredients,
- Simmer 5 minutes.