Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian-American dish that can be easily prepared for a satisfying main course. The chicken breasts are coated with a mixture of unflavored bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, and Shirley J Pizza & Pasta Seasoning. After breading, the chicken is browned in oil for 3 minutes on each side, then transferred to a casserole dish with a slice of mozzarella cheese on top. The chicken is then baked until cooked through. A tomato sauce made from tomato sauce, tomato paste, Shirley J Universal Sauce, water, and Shirley J Pizza/Pasta Seasoning is heated and poured over the chicken before serving.
- 1/4 c Oil
- 2 c Bread crumbs (unflavored)
- 1/2 c Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 tsp Shirley J Pizza & Pasta Seasoning
- 6 (4-6 ounce) Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 c Milk
- 12 oz Tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/2 c Shirley J Universal Sauce (Whisk Bliss)
- 2 c Water
- 1 tsp Shirley J Pizza/ Pasta Seasoning
- 6 (Slices) mozzarella cheese
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Pizza/Pasta seasoning, and flour, in a bowl, mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs with milk.
- Bread each chicken breast by submerging in the egg wash and removing to bread crumbs, pressing firmly, coating breasts with crumb mixture.
- Combine the water and Universal Sauce in sauce pan, whisk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add Pizza/Pasta Seasoning tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add oil to skillet, cook the breaded chicken breasts for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer to a casserole dish, place 1 slice of cheese on each piece of chicken.
- Bake for approx. 10-15 minutes at 350, or until chicken is cooked.
- Top chicken with heated sauce and serve.