Mikes Favorite Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Full rack Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 1/2 c Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 c Shirley J BBQ Sauce Mix
- 3 c Root Beer (diet works well too)
- 1 c Shirley J BBQ Sauce Mix
- The night before – prepare ribs by washing thoroughly and patting dry with a paper towel.
- Remove any tough membrane that may be on the back of the rack, (note: most rib racks have already had this removed).
- Lay ribs on a baking sheet and coat with yellow mustard followed by a generous amount of powdered BBQ Sauce Mix.
- Rub seasoning and mustard into both sides of the ribs.
- Carefully wrap ribs in plastic wrap and place in cooler for a minimum of 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Remove ribs from cooler and remove plastic wrap.
- Place rack, bone side down on a baking sheet, cover loosely with foil and bake in a 280degree oven for 3-3 ½ hours.
- Remove ribs from oven, remove foil and allow to cool for 1 hour, minimum. Ribs can be refrigerated for several days before grilling or frozen for up to 6 months.
- Finishing the ribs – to finish the ribs, after they have cooled, carefully place each rack on a medium hot BBQ grill, bone side down, close lid and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, flip rack over and grill, on the meaty side.
- Allow meat to cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Flip rack back over and mop with BBQ sauce, allowing to cook for 2-3 minutes again repeat for other side.
- BBQ sauce should caramelize on the meat as it cooks.
- When meat is hot remove ribs and serve.
- Serve extra sauce at the table.
- Prepare sauce by combining root beer and sauce mix in saucepan, stir well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce into covered container and place in refrigerator.