Moms Individual Chicken Pot Pies
- 2 whole Chickens (approx. 2 1/2 lbs each)
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 medium Bunch of celery, diced
- 4 large Potatoes peeled and diced small
- 1 11/2 pounds Carrots, peeled & diced
- 12 oz Frozen Peas
- 3 tsp Shirley J Chicken Bouillon
- 1 3/4 c Shirley J Universal Sauce(Whisk Bliss)
Prepared or Purchased Pie Dough
- Cover chickens with water and boil until meat is tender and begins to fall from the bones.
- Remove chicken and reserve the resulting stock.
- Pull chicken from bones removing and discarding all bone and skin.
- Dice meat into bite size chunks, set aside.
- Measure chicken stock, add sufficient water to bring total to 7 cups, add Chicken Bouillon and Universal Sauce, stir and bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes, add chicken and set aside.
- In a separate pot, cover onion, celery, carrots and potatoes with water and boil until potatoes are tender, but not overcooked, drain; add cooked veggies to the chicken and gravy mixture add frozen peas, stir.
For Individual Pot Pies
- Place 4-6 oz of filling into individual ovenproof ramekins and top individually with rolled pie dough cut into circles the same size as the ramekin.
For double crust pies
- Line ramekin with pie dough before filling with chicken mixture, trim to bowl edges.
- Brush top with beaten egg for golden brown color.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for approx 25minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: Approx. 20/5” individual chicken pies